The GENERAL MANAGER is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on business revenues, guest and associate satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The General Manager will coordinate, direct and manage day-to-day hotel operations.
• Embrace leading a solid team to being a better team, training and developing them to excel in their roles and continuously improve; motivate associates to exceed expectations of the guests; passionately uphold and elevate a positive work environment for the internal guests – our associates.
• The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers.
• Works through and with management team to drive revenue and guest service.
• Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development.
• Support and communicate company goals and initiatives, promote company programs, and act as an ambassador of the company.
• Ensure the portfolio operations are functioning within the financial parameters established in the budget
• Hire qualified associates, assemble skilled and cohesive teams, manage individual and team performance, provide developmental opportunities and promote teamwork and cooperation.
• Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidate must possess excellent communication, leadership and computer skills.
• Successful candidate must possess excellent communication, leadership and computer skills.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
• At least two years General Manager experience, in full-service hotels of similar size and caliber.
• Experience from Hilton or Marriott brands are preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible hotel management experience.