PART-TIME & FULL-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Wealth Hospitality is searching for Summer Construction Technician Interns to join our Building & Construction team in our Ridgeland, MS office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction industry!
The Construction Technician Intern role performs a variety of project specific observations and site assessment duties under direct supervision and/or from detailed controlled procedures. Successful Intern Candidates will be pursuing an internship/semester co-op who are in the process of completing a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field, preferably Civil Engineering/Construction Science.
The Building & Construction team provides assurance, inspection, and certification services and building science solutions to deliver Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. The team offers the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities on site.
What you will do:
- Performs a variety of project specific observations and site assessment duties under direct supervision and/or from detailed controlled procedures.
- Works utilizing drawings, specifications, and diagrams
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and perform tasks
- Make detailed observations and gives limited interpretation of results
- Communicates effectively with client and project teams
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
- Any other duties as assigned.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Current Engineering student in a Bachelor’s Program at an accredited engineering / ABET school – Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Program highly preferred!
- No Experience Required – We Will Train!
- ACI Certifications a plus!
- Must have Basic Math, Calculator and Computer Skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Must be able to read and understand work plans
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable driving record (required)
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
What we have to offer:
The base wage or salary range for this position is $15 to $20/HR. Individual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate including skill set, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons. In addition to competitive compensation packages, housing assistance is available upon request.
Wealth Hospitality is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Wealth Hospitality believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email HR firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601-670-5917.