We are looking for a friendly and attentive Breakfast Attendant to join our team. The Breakfast Attendant’s responsibilities include setting up and clearing the meal service, ensuring that the buffet remains fully stocked at all times, and communicating customers’ drinks orders, as needed. You should also be able to address customers’ queries and complaints in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Breakfast Attendant, you should liaise with staff in other sections to ensure that customers’ needs are met. Ultimately, a top-notch Breakfast Attendant will be able to advise customers on food choices that align with their dietary requirements and personal preferences.
Breakfast Attendant Responsibilities:
- Assembling the breakfast buffet before mealtime and disassembling it thereafter.
- Ensuring that the breakfast buffet remains well-stocked at all times.
- Receiving beverage orders and directing these to the kitchen, as needed.
- Providing customers with condiments upon request.
- Clearing cutlery and crockery from customers’ tables.
- Resolving customers’ queries and complaints.
- Ensuring that customers vacate the restaurant by the close of meal service.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping the floors after each meal service.
- Cleaning and sanitizing tables and countertops after each meal service.
Breakfast Attendant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry, preferably within a similar role.
- Sound knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and verbal communication skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Friendly, service-driven disposition.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
Our hotel is an equal opportunity employer and follows all employment laws and regulations enacted by the EEOC. All applicants will be considered for employment based on their qualifications and experience without discrimination or harassment on the basis of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.